Saturday, March 3, 2012

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ Interview on Inkigayo Magazine (Feb. Issue)



G.O

As G.O's first self-composed song "Can't Come Back" from the 3D Edition version of MBLAQ's first full album <BLAQ Style> released on February 22, 2011 has been revealed for the first time through Mnet's "Mcountdown" recently, it became the foundation of evaluating not only MBLAQ's but G.O's musical ability again. Team MBLAQ's main vocal G.O participated in the featuring of many musicians like J.ae, Jung Yeop, Nassun, etc., got recognition for his musical talent when working on collaborations, and released the most number of solo songs among MBLAQ members with "Even In My Dream" for which he wrote the lyrics directly and the solo song "Believe" that has been released recently. Through the version that was upgraded one level in previously shown singing ability also in "This Is War", he helped a lot in putting in emotion to the song and perfecting the song's dramatic structure. "The thing that I care about the most for the stage of "This Is War" this time is 'live.' I have to use a singing method to sing like I'm burning with revengeful thoughts and squeeze my throat to amply transmit the feeling of resorting to "anger," but because it's not a singing method I try a lot usually, I concentrated my strength on vocal training to raise the completion level." G.O's endless hard work is the method radiating anywhere he goes. Senior singer Kim Soo Hee heard G.O's song on KBS 2TV "Immortal Song 2" and did not spare her compliment, "G.O has a plaintive voice that has an ability to appeal, and I think he will be thankful to his naturally gifted voice." The moment when G.O's ability piled up one by one since a long time ago is being the most radiant came, and now there is no way but to definitely put G.O's name up in the high rank among idols who have superb singing ability. It is the 100% Ver. Interview of G.O who came back with an appearance more than 100% armed with more surprising singing ability and musicality.

I tremble even just by thinking about you
Indeed I realistically came close to tremble. I don't know what I should do if I think of the person I hate, and you know you tremble all over when you are angry. Through this phrase I can also grasp the feeling of the entire song, and I think they are lyrics that everyone can sympathize with.

Man's transformation
I tried spiking up my bangs for the strong stage in "This Is War" this time. I often heard that people look alive showing their forehead. (laugh) And I declared a "war against fat" for the stage this time. Originally I'm not constitutionally predisposed to gaining weight, but lately I've gained a lot of weight and there was a time when I really reached up to 72kg. With exercising and dieting at the same time I'm working hard on losing weight, so please anticipate my slender appearance.

Run
I want to introduce a song called "Run" among the songs in our album to the public very much. I guess all the members also sympathize with it, and since MBLAQ's performances are shown as we wish I think it's a good song. We used autotune to create kaleidoscopic sound, so each member's charm is displayed as we wish, and because there are many interesting elements I think if we get a chance to express it on stage we can show you various appearances.

The "This Is War" MV ending
I think is In "This Is War" MV Joonie comes back again and confirms the fallen-in-love appearance of the girl who is in love with his friend, right? And then the scene in which he takes her out to the parking lot comes out, but to me if it was that situation I wanted to make it a love story with a happy ending in which the three of them suddenly started fixing a car in the parking lot. They invented a super car that surpassed Ferrari, so as they became the king of invention they received a Nobel Prize and lived wealthily after that. (laugh)

Sweet G.O
I live because of the person I love, and I can do "everything" for one girl only. It's really "everything." I'm practical, so I'm more on the side of assiduously saving money and buying my girlfriend exactly what she needs than buying her a bouquet or making an event and wasting money. I'm on the side of giving presents by ordinarily comprehending the things my girlfriend likes or the stuff to which she said "it's pretty~" without notice when passing by and considering my girlfriend's taste. She can think of me every time she wears those stuff like clothes, bags, necklaces, etc. and I give her things that can be kept for a long time. A girlfriend's taste is exactly what she likes! I think a boyfriend's role is to understand (his girlfriend) fully.

Healthy MBLAQ
If we members get time we watch movies. (Cheondung: Why didn't you watch with me?) When we play games we really play "healthily." One more person would join the MBLAQ members and the 6 of us often plays soccer game, but we do a "big favor" for the winner. Because of that we burn with desire to win and beat each other, but it's really interesting and we forget the passing of time.

A+ love letter
We've held the most number of fansigning events for the first time since debut. As we are going around meticulously from Seoul to the countryside we are very happy to meet our fans many times, and we gain a lot of energy because of such meetings, so I think our stage also comes out well. I really feel the happiest these days. Thank you~ A+!

I like "now" the most, not "before." Our fans have become very united through "This Is War" album this time. Through this promotion I met fans again that I couldn't see for a long time and feel that I gained a lot of energy.


JOON
The ultimate art on MBLAQ's stage is that they change according to how much percentage of "chicness" and "intensity" is used. In performances that are both chic and intense we have Lee Joon who presents all transformations at the best level and leaves a strong afterimage even in his small gestures at the central point.
He can also create an intense and stimulative piece of work sufficiently with one eye expression and gesture and present a composed and plaintive stage. All these things are the energy of MBLAQ who cannot absolutely be replaced by other singers based on the definite musical color of MBLAQ that are "chic" and "intense."
The restrained group dancing corresponding with the fandom of MBLAQ who enjoys the intense color on the stage of "This Is War" this time attracts attention as well. While following his title of performance position within the group Joon, known by his nickname "Rip Joon" that was given for showing clothes-ripping performances a lot, "Dance Joon" for his perfect body line's form strengthened with dancing and "Acting Joon" for presenting acting with his eye and facial expressions not on-screen but on-stage, is sure to check even one small thing for his own individual performance that appears at the latter half before he goes on the stage. "We feel that we become 'actors' acting on the stage every time we go on the stage. Even if we do one performance we focus on our emotion and do our best to express it 100%. In order to show our live more coolly on the stage, I've done many hand movements as well as expression acting lately and... I even put hand cream very carefully on my hands. (laugh)" The modifier describing them as a group having live ability and good at all performances is attached to them and 200% of radiation has been displayed in the polished Lee Joon brand performances and strong eye expression acting on the stage for over 3 years.
Now it is Lee Joon who shows his acting that goes beyond a performance like doing a movie on the stage. It is the 100% Ver. Interview of Lee Joon who adds mournfulness to the strong emotions known as MBLAQ on the stage.

From now on this is war! From "Y" to "This Is War"!
You ask me for the secret of nicely digesting the main male role of tragic love who shed tears because his girl left most of the time in our music videos, but actually I don't have any experience of my girlfriend being stolen like the MV. I think loving your friend's girlfriend like the MV is a really outrageous situation! If such a situation really comes, I think I'll say one phrase to the guy. "From now on this is war!"

The guy who dies everyday
The gun performance I show on the stage is the choreographer's idea, but there's no big difficulty. Although it's just a short scene in which I get shot and collapse, I do my best to show the mournfulness with the maximum intensity. Last time I got shot at my neck 3 times or so and found that it kind of hurts. However, once there's a pad on my chest and a piece of plywood is provided, it doesn't hurt and I think it's worth doing. Since all my fans love me very much I'm also dying(?) feeling good.

The moment when MBLAQ is the most radiant
Every stage I go on in the name of MBLAQ remains in my memory. Singers are the coolest when they are on the stage no matter what. I wonder if the most radiant moments of MBLAQ are also when we are on the stage. Fans like our strong and manly onstage appearance the most, too. (laugh) From the first broadcast of "Oh Yeah" to the stage of "This Is War" we went to today! I think the place where MBLAQ is the most radiant is exactly the stage.

Lee Joon's transformation
There's no transformation in the external. I want to change my hairstyle, but because it seems like there's no hairstyle that matches me well I'm kind of afraid. (laugh) In the past I often heard that I even look great bald, but now if I go bald... Um... It'll be much different. Although my feeling at that time and now is exactly the same, as my face started to age I changed a lot, so I adopted the method of "keeping" my hairstyle now.

I am in a war
I have to play but it's difficult that I can't play. [G.O: What do you have to play all of a sudden? (laugh)] There's such mental calmness and peace as tossing and turning and lying down in my bed to do a bit of thinking. It's because by nature I like lying down and tossing and turning. If I keep lying down and tossing and turning a bit the schedule time comes, so as soon as I lie down I have to go out. Actually if I lie down I'm busy with sleeping and I don't have much time for tossing and turning. (laugh)

Sweet Lee Joon
Before there's one time when I did an interview in which I wrote a letter sincerely to the person I loved. In the future if I meet a person I really love, I'll put in my sincerity and handwrite her one letter a day. And then if I make up to a thousand letters by a thousand days and give them to her as a gift, won't that be even more special than any kind of events or expensive gifts?

Time is a cangue
Lately the most important thing has been "time." I think that time is a cangue. So I want to do my best to fulfill my schedule from exactly what time to what time, split my sleep time and my practice time as planned, and lead a life that is fixed correctly for my timetable. I'm doing my best while dreaming of such a life. 

A+ love letter
I'll say just one thing. Thank you. I'm really so thankful that I could go crazy.

Translated by mocha @ AbsoluteMBLAQ
Shared by Angela @ DongBang-BLAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment