Monday, March 26, 2012

[TRANS] TV Guide 16th March Issue: Still… I Love You

Tohoshinki who are currently in their nationwide tour have brought upon their white day’s present!
The new song ‘Still’ is a slow melancholy mid-tempo ballad that is about missing of the loved ones, very suitably for the spring season that is filled with meetings and separations.
To the two who sang out the melancholy feelings, we had an interview with them regarding their ways of interacting with their lovers and memories of white day.
Their straightforward answers as a man can be found right here…

[ No matter who is it, the sad love story that everyone will experienced. ]

The new song ‘Still’ is a love song about the endless yearning for the ex-lover.

Yunho: The story of this song, I think everyone will understand it upon listening. Reminiscing on the one you used to love and felt sorrow for it… I think this is an experience everyone would bound to have.

What was your first impression upon hearing this song?

Yunho: Although all songs of Tohoshinki are good, this is pretty difficult to sing.

Changmin: Because the key is higher.

Yunho: Yup. From the first listening of ‘Still’, I felt that the melody is very gentle and very easily remembered. I thought of, ‘finally a Tohoshinki song that can be sang in karaoke’. After reading the lyrics, I am even more moved.

Changmin: ‘Still’ is a sad love song and this surprised me. Because isn’t spring-themed songs supposed to be filled with hopes and cheerful?

But spring is also a season of separation, therefore such melancholy songs are also suitable.

Changmin: Oh yes. It is also the season of graduation. Therefore I felt that this song is pretty suitable.

Changmin, what kind of situation comes to your mind when you are singing this song?

Changmin: The changing of seasons, once again the spring, thinking of her who was still with me the year before. spring was the season I fell in love with her, the many memories that surged and thus felt the loneliness… I imagined such a scenario while singing this.

Thus, it’s not about the break-up with girlfriend that just happened but the girlfriend who you broke up with for a while.

Changmin: That was my feelings.

Considering that spring is the graduation season, this song can be depicted as the feeling of ‘Reaching spring, the various reasons that you have to break up with your lover reluctantly’ too.

Yunho: I see. This is not a bad depiction too. But I am different from Changmin. I imagined the scenario for this song is, the girlfriend who I dated a long time ago.

This song is described as ‘Crying due to missing her too much’. Does the two of you have such experiences before?

Yunho: I am a person who doesn’t cry easily but I can understand such feelings. The yearning to meet that you felt like crying. I had such experience before. But to meet with ex-girlfriend is difficult, isn’t it.

Changmin: I had such experience before too. It is regretful.

Regretted for not able to meet with ex-girlfriend?

Changmin: Mm. However to think about it now, it probably is better that we did not meet. Memories should be left as memories, isn’t it better?

Regarding the difference between views of both genders, people always say that compared to females, it seems that males are not able to forget their ex-girlfriend that easily. Females are able to quickly forget ex-boyfriend and starts the next relationship

Yunho: It’s the same in Korea too.

Changmin: But at least I hope to stay inside the lady’s memories. (smiles) I am not able to completely forget about it. I felt that saving such memories is good.

Does Yunho cherish the memories with your ex-girlfriend as well?

Yunho: I am such kind of person too. Besides I went through defeat and immature status at that time as well, as time goes by before meeting the next person, wouldn’t it become a very good experience? I think that the most important factor in love are timing, past memories and experiences that allow one to grow.

Then, will you safe-keep the presents or memorable items of your ex-girlfriend(s)?

Yunho: I won’t. Keeping it will only miss (her) more.

Changmin: I will not throw it away. Not only will I not throw it away, I would write diary while reminiscing.

Yunho: Oh, that is surprisingly. (smiles)

Changmin: Thinking, ‘It used to be like this~’. Isn’t it a pity to throw it away? It’s something others intentionally gifted it to you. (smiles)

[Presenting the painful expressions that moved others. The MV Tohoshinki never had.]

What is the main theme for the new single’s MV?

Yunho: This is first time Tohoshinki tried acting in a Japanese MV. The MV is about a person reminiscing the past memories of the ex-girlfriend. For example, walking in a crowded place, one person standing lonely among the crowd etc.

Using ‘A loner among the crowd’ to represent loneliness and aloofness.

Changmin: Yes. And also sitting at the cafe, looking through the window with the passing crowd.

What is the focus of the MV?

Yunho: Probably the scene where I have to lip-sync, staring at the camera. As I can only act with my facial expression, I hope everyone can notice our expressions.

Changmin: The enactment of the cafe scene while sitting opposite the girlfriend. Using sad expression for the lip-syncing scene.

Yunho: I think everyone will feel for that scene.

Changmin: Yup. I have never filmed such a scene before. Thinking of the happy times I spent with her while filming the lip-syncing scene. And also the sad lip-syncing scene upon thinking that she is no longer around. It was filmed under two different scenarios.

Yunho: Although it was explained as such, we might felt embarrassed upon seeing the filmed scenes. (smiles)

[The feelings of a male wanting to protect his loved one]

The second song ‘One More Thing’ is different from ‘Still’. It is a cheerful fast tempo song.

Yunho: It is slightly cheery as compared to ‘Still’. Though the intro is heavy-tempo, the chorus reminisces the happy memories between the lovers and thus feelings began to cheer up as well.

The vocals in this song felt sweet and gentle.

Yunho: Thank you. We had wanted to sing ‘One More Thing’ with a warm feeling. Not considering the singing technique but to simply let this song have a relaxed and calm feel. We tried to sing this in a natural yet emotions-filled style.

Where is the focus placed on when singing ‘Still’ then?

Yunho: I sang, focusing on the story narrated in the lyrics of ‘Still’. In the beginning, I thought of the past yet not so gloomy. It was sang with feelings suppressed. In the chorus towards the end, it was sang with the sad atmosphere gradually increased.

Changmin: Additionally, one of the lyric in Part A is very long. Though it is not such that I have to sing it into a rap, its very wordy. Therefore that lyric is especially clearly enunciated so that everyone can hear it clearly.

‘One More Thing’ seems to be a love song meant to show the support for the lover while protecting her.

Changmin: Yes. ‘Wish to give you happiness forever and thus please stay by my side’. This is a song comprising such cheerful content.

Does the two of you felt that guys should protect the ladies?

Yunho: I do. Though in fact I would want to be loved (smiles), I would want to protect the other party too.

Changmin: I do, at times. But probably I am not like this at times too. (smiles)

Because there are times you would love to whine to girls as well, right?

Changmin: Correct. (smiles) Basically I felt that guys should protect ladies. I think that because of such feelings, therefore I was able to feel the kind of loneliness described in ‘Still’.

[Recollection of memories of the romantic White Day]

This single is set to release on White Day. What memories do you have for White Day?

Yunho: For me, it was a rose bouquet made of sweets that I have sent when I was in my teens.

That is romantic of you.

Changmin: I have never had such romantic story. Of course I would prepare the gift but I belonged to the kind who would give present no matter be it Valentine’s Day or not.

Yunho: I did received a lot of sweets from girls on White Day too. Receiving chocolates on Valentine’s Day and receiving sweets again from the same person on White Day.

Isn’t this plainly flaunting your popularity? (laughs)

Changmin: That’s right. (laughs)

Yunho: No no no, I don’t mean that. (laughs)

[The condensed duo's 'Present'. The nationwide concert tour that everybody has been waiting! ]

The two of you are currently holding a nationwide concert tour. How was the feeling after three years?

Yunho: It is a long-awaited concert tour and also the 1st tour as a duo. First of all, just to be able to smoothly performed all the 20 plus songs, I am already very happy with it. And to be able to present the multi-facets of Tohoshinki just like the album ‘TONE’. Also to present the world views we had wanted to show in the album.

Did you feel the pressure during the first day of performance?

Yunho: It was really stressed. The pressure of having to finish all song with the two of us and also to diligently finish all the performing acts on stage etc. However after completing, I felt the accomplishment. I felt that I have overcome that pressure.

The whole place was filled up with a red ocean of penlights from the fans before the performance began. What was your feeling upon seeing that?

Yunho: Although we always say that the red ocean is the power of red, I was still very touched upon seeing that. The feeling just surged.

Changmin: It is a very huge energy to me. I will cheer myself up with, ‘So many fans have came to cheer us up, we cannot fail.’

Red is a colour that excites people. Though it might be too late to say this, it is really great that the colour for Tohoshinki is red. If it is purple like lavender, it would probably made everyone calming instead. (laughs)

Changmin: Ah, but, purple is not bad too.

(Hmm)?

Changmin: I like purple right now. (laughs)

Yunho: Ah ha ha. But though the colour red is very important, the fans holding the red penlight are more important. Holding to the penlight, wave it and dance along with the songs, it is very touching looking at them supporting us. Though we have seen such scenes when we became a duo at A-Nation etc, the red ocean throughout the whole place was something I have not seen in a while. Looking at that red ocean, I can’t help thinking, ‘Ah, we are really just starting.’, ‘I really wish to die on the stage!’.

The tour will continue till the Kyocera Dome on 23rd April. Lastly, please expressed your own passion and determination!

Changmin: Of course for stage performances, we will be giving an even better quality performance as the tour goes by with improved singing. We will work hard towards the last dome performance.

Yunho: Other than improving quality, I want to have the growing feeling of ‘Tohoshinki’s tour performances are getting happier!’. I wish to complete such a concert tour with the fans.

Credit: smokycross
Trans by: rachui@sharingyoochun
Shared by: Jasmi @ DongBang-Blaq

No comments:

Post a Comment