Wednesday, November 14, 2012

[TRANS] 121114 “Though ‘Actor Kim Jaejoong’ Sounds A Bit Awkward, It Sounds Pretty Not Bad”‏


JYJ Kim Jaejoong is playing the role of hallyu star Choi Hyun in movie ‘Code Name: Jackal’.
“It is still feels a bit awkward to be called ‘actor Kim Jaejoong’. However as more and more people call me with this term, it feels pretty good too.”
After being a singer, JYJ member Kim Jaejoong is currently moving towards the route of being an actor. Though this road seems tough, he already starts to feel the interest within.
In the movie ‘Code Name: Jackal’ that starts screening on the 15th, he is acting as hallyu star Choi Hyun who was kidnapped by killer (Song Ji Hyo) without a clue.
I met him at a cafe on the 13th at Gwanghwamun and asked about his thoughts after watching his own movie. “Though I feel a bit burdened seeing my own face appearing on the big screen, I think again and feel that it was my own effort after all and thus felt comforted.”

Drama ‘Dr Jin’ just ended not long ago and he once again appeared on the big screen, to which he expressed, “During filming, it was the drama that was more nerve wrecking but the movie was the one that made me nervous after it was done while waiting for it to be on screen.”
“For drama, it was a race against time and if it was not done well, that part will be edited out from the broadcast. Therefore it was very tense during filming. As compared, the filming of movie was done after hearing director’s suggestions and everything was edited as filming was done, thus it feels more comfortable while filming. However the movie is going to be screened soon and the thought of all kinds of reviews made me nervous.”
He sang as he act, so one can feel his different charms for both genres.
“There are still a lot of unsure areas during acting. I think searching for answer is one of the charm. Once you get the point and understand it, it really feels good.”
Previously in dramas, the characters he took on are more composed characters but in this movie, it was a hallyu star who throw his weights around. After understanding the character, one would realised that he is actually a scattered and a bit pathetic character.
The genre itself is a comedy and there are also some embarrassing scenes in the washroom.
“Actually there wasn’t much burden. On the contrary, the filming of ‘Dr Jin’ was done after ‘Protect The Boss’. And that was an even more solemn character, the burden was even more~ Therefore it was a reaction of ‘Have to be like this again?’. Compared to that, as ‘Code Name: Jackal’ was done after ‘Dr Jin’, therefore I can happily present such a bright and straightforward character.”
The embarrassing scene in washroom was also done without much NG.
“I would think of the feeling if the director were to watch it, he would be hooked. Though I did it two to three times, I wish it can end quickly. I acted while embarrassingly thinking, ‘This has to be done in one shot.” (laughs)”
Rather than this, the more tiring part in the movie was due to the kidnapped situation as he has to keep his sitting position on the chair and being tied up.
“As it was a situation where my hands were tied to the back, therefore there are a lot of crawling scene. However it was not shown thus a bit regretful. Under the circumstances of being bound, as I can only roll and crawl, I had abrasion with the floor and my bones and muscles were very painful. As it was really painful thus I kept shouting. People who have never tried it before would not understand. Compared to difficulty of acting, the pain to body is more painful.”
In the movie, the hallyu star position is in fact his current state and the similar parts looks rather natural.
“Actually, I would not handle those (sasaeng) fans with so much effort. The more you took note of them, it feels that they would only be more aggressive. Thus I will just shook it off, ‘It’s like that.’ and would not feel especially tiring towards it.”
As for the movies he loves to watch, “It’s those movies that were produced after the thoughts were harbored for a long while.” He expressed that in the movies that he have watched before, the ones that left the most impression are ‘Life Is Beautiful’ and ‘The Pianist’.
When asked about the characters he would like to take on in the future, he said, “Traditional love story or psychotic patient. I would like to act as a lunatic.”
Source: kbs
Credit: ktam @ Disp-TVXQ_JYJ
Translated by: rachui @ sharingyoochun

No comments:

Post a Comment