
JYJ member Kim Jaejoong (26) has been very busy this year. Other than acting in MBC drama ‘Dr Jin’, he also made his debut as a movie actor. In the movie ‘Code Name: Jackal’ that has premiered on the 15th, Kim Jaejoong starred as a top star Choi Hyun.
Just as though chasing two rabbits named ‘Music’ and ‘Acting’, it has been very tough filming both drama and movie at the same time everyday but gained a lot at the same time. Through acting, he also regained his beginner’s mind. On the 13th, AM7 met Kim Jaejoong at a cafe along Jongno district and felt that he really has matured.
“ Acting’ is really a friend I am grateful to. Unknowingly it has been 9 years that I have stepped into the entertainment world and in the beginning, I tried very hard in pursuing the dream of a singer, an artiste. As time goes by, I start to fall into a certain stereotype. However recently I have once again embraced the dream of becoming an outstanding actor and also resulting in my passion for singing stronger. In the past when I have spare time, I will rest immediately; but recently, I would use the spare time to compose. To me, acting became a catalyst.”
In ‘Code Name: Jackal’, Kim Jaejoong completely let go of himself and portray a top star Choi Hyun who was kidnapped by female killer Bong Min Jung (Song Ji Hyo). After he was being kidnapped, Kim Jaejoong was beaten by Song Ji Hyo and was under threats while suffering from torture. In order to escape, he used a lot of effort and begged her for mercy. With regards to destroying his idol image, Kim Jaejoong was not at all concerned.
“It will not be okay to have a good project while being choosy about the character. I have never worried about destroying my image, just a bit pressured on handling comedy for the first time. However the female killer character by Song Ji Hyo noona is also very attractive. It was surprising and yet very senseless. I would like to try acting as killer next time.”
Kim Jaejoong, together with Kim Junsu and Park Yoochun, enjoyed high popularity in Korea and worldwide. Within JYJ members, Park Yoochun is also currently active in acting field, thus members would discuss about the topic of acting in gathering.
“If I didn’t act well, members will not say anything. On the contrary when I acted well, they would praised non-stop. As everyone is very mischievous, the compliments sometimes sounds like mockery. But real mocking has never happen between us. Yoochun is currently very outstanding as an actor-cum-singer. When a singer challenges acting, it can be difficult to let go of some singer’s habits, for example trying to be cool. And Yoochun’s strength is that he can let go of it immediately.”
There are a lot of differences between drama and movie. For movie, the set was up and filming can be done after setting. This is also the biggest difference with drama. Thus, the atmosphere is very family-like and very joyful, and Kim Jaejoong enjoyed it too.
“After the filming of ‘Code Name:Jackal’ is over, almost all the actors are still keeping in touch. In movie, it is very often that we don’t meet each other at the set, thus there were many meal gatherings that happened. Of course, dramas has its merit points too. The excitement for awaiting the next episode’s scripts is alike to awaiting the next issue of comic book to be published during childhood days.”
AM7 will be welcoming its 9th anniversary and the feedback by ‘same year’ Kim Jaejoong who debuted nine years ago, will not be forgotten.
“AM7 is the same age as me. Debuting as the same period as me and been through the same culture changes, it has not been easy. To be living properly until now is indeed our common point. Hahaha. In the future, I will also continue to provide good culture and let every fans be happy with my never-changing heart. Hopefully AM17 can also be a media that contributes to culture and society development for a long time.”
source: munhwa.com
credit: ktam @ Disp-TVXQ_JYJ
trans by: rachui@sharingyoochun
Shared by Tasha @ DongBang-BLAQ

No comments:
Post a Comment